2017 Conference: Faith
Conference sessions are downloaded. Visit our teaching archive.
Save the date for next year, October 20th, 2018
“For we walk by faith and not by sight” (2 Corinthians 5:7)
God designed the Christian life to be lived by faith, which is the foundational human responsibility to receive sovereign grace, submit to the divine truth, and practice spiritual worship.
By faith, we enter into and endure in the Christian life.
By faith, we enjoy the saving and sanctifying grace of God.
By faith, we embrace the life-producing and life-altering truth of God.
By faith, we engage in genuine and spiritual worship of God.
Faith is the primary means by which we participate in our spiritual growth. As it says in 2 Corinthians 5:7, "we walk by faith and not by sight."
At this year's annual conference we will examine the role of faith in salvation, what it means to walk by faith, and how God's promises sustain us in this walk of faith.
Pastor Paul Shirley
The Grace Advance Mid-Atlantic Conference Experience:
Main sessions and various break-out sessions exploring biblical topics to help you grow in various areas of your Christian life
8 am early bird workshops
“Ask the Pastors,” for questions and answers on various topics
Christian books for you to purchase on a variety of biblical topics for your continued growth in the word of God
Vendor tables including GAMA Bible Institute, The Master’s Seminary, and others.
Snacks and drinks throughout the day
Affordable daycare for infants to 10 years of age (see general information)
Fellowship together in worship and songs, meeting other believers in the Mid-Atlantic region; sharing good Christian conversations, all for the glory of the Lord.
2017 Conference Main Session Speakers
(Striving through Faith)
Pastor Matt White
(Walking in Faith)
Pastor Paul Shirley
(Starting by Faith)
Pastor Nate Graham
2017 Breakout Session Speakers
2017 Breakout Session Topics
- Early Bird Workshop: Praying by Faith, Pastor Thomas Leake
- Early Bird Workshop: Men of Faith: John Calvin, Pastor Kirby Myers
- Early Bird Workshop: Men of Faith: John Knox, Pastor Matt Feldi
- Men of Faith: Martin Luther, Pastor George Lawson
- Leading Your Children to Faith, Pastor Dave Jordan
- Dealing with Fear and Anxiety by Faith, Pastor John Chester
- Men of Faith: William Tyndale, Pastor Chris Kropf
- Sharing and Proclaiming and Defending the Faith, Pastor Jordan Standridge
- What is Faith? The Anatomy of Christian Faith, Pastor Rodney Pearce
|8:00||Early Bird Workshops||1:00||Main Session 2|
|9:00||Main Session 1||2:15||Break|
|11:30||Lunch until 1:00 PM||3:45||Main Session 3|
Hope Bible Church
7195 Oakland Mills Road
Columbia, Maryland 21046
443-200-HOPE (4673) ext-4
- $20 - Early Bird Adult (18+) Rate (Month of August)
- $25 - Regular Adult (18+) Rate (September to October 20th, 2017)
- $30 - Walk-ins (Day of Conference)
- $0 - Young Adults 17 or younger (no charge) Well-mannered youth over 10 years of age are welcome to attend!
- $5 - Conference lunch box (Do not delay, limited number available)
- $5 - Childcare (Age 0-10), per child (Snacks included)
- Young adults 17 or younger (100% off) Well-mannered youth over 10 years of age are welcome to attend!
- Full-time pastor and wife (50% off the regular rate)
- Group discounts of 10 or more (Early Bird Rate)
Contact the office for group tickets. All tickets must be purchased together; additions are not allowed after purchase. Group tickets are non-refundable but are transferable to another person. Please have the first and last names of all members of your group.
Scholarships are available. Please contact the office at 443-200-HOPE (4673) ext. 4 or email us at email@example.com.
Cancellations and refund request must be made before the day of the conference. All group discount tickets are not refundable but are transferable to another person. The funds from all non-refundable tickets are donated to the Gama Bible Institute to support the effort to educate the Mid-Atlantic region with sound doctrine.
Meal options and information
There will be a 1 ½ hour break for lunch. You can choose to purchase lunch at the conference for $5 per person or go out for lunch and choose from a variety of fast food venues in close proximity to Hope Bible Church (a list will be provided). Please note that the lunch provided at the conference may not be suitable for individuals with gluten or dairy dietary restrictions. Parents with children in childcare are asked to pick their children up to join them for lunch.
Affordable childcare (per child): Infants to 10 years old:
- $5 per child (Snacks included)
Childcare (per child): Infants to 10 years old
Please don’t delay; childcare tickets are limited! Drop off time: 7:45 am, Pick-up time: 5:15 pm. Affordable daycare for infants to 10 years of age - only $5 per child with snacks and drinks throughout the day. Childcare is provided for the duration of the conference. All daycare activities include crafts, Bible lessons, story time, songs and outside play (children three years and older, weather permitting). During lunch, we ask all parents to pick their children up to join them for lunch. Please dress children three years and older in outdoor play clothes.